- Regency/Victorian dance in Christchurch led by Natalia Oryshchuck and Myriam Layton. You’ll find their FaceBook page here
- Hamilton is lucky to host such a vibrant teacher. Fiona Murdoch, dance lover and inspiring leader of Dance Folkus proposes regular courses in International and historical dance as well as many events in the area.
- Here you will find the Auckland English Country and Early dance group. They have a regular class on Friday.
- John and Aylwen Gardiner-Garden share a deep passion for dance, music, history and costume. They created Earthly Delights and present workshops, classes, events and publications.
FRANCE and Neighbours
- Cecile Laye is the artistic director of Chestnut, a company based in Paris that presents beautifully executed French Renaissance and English figure dances.
- Rigodons et Traditions presents traditional dances collected by Jocelyne and Christian Vignon in the Dauphiné region.
- Bassa Toscana is a Burgundy based company that focuses on Medieval and Renaissance dance.
- La Companie Trifolium located in Belgium does research work on medieval dance and presents community workshops and performances.
- Waraok is an energetic medieval street band from Ille-et-Vilaine (Bretagne).
- The Bordeaux dance company Christine Grimaldi presents works bridging contemporary expression and cultural patrimony.
- Le Grand Bal de l’Europe in Gennetines (Centre) is THE big Summer festival not to be missed if you travel through France at the time.
- On the Musictrad site, you will find all the info you need about “bals Trad” and festivals in France.
- Stéphane Milleret is an amazingly talented button accordionist, alongside Norbert Pignol, he is one of the leaders the revival of traditional music in France.